Thursday, February 6, 2014

let's go bravado something

On Thursdays in January, you were hearing a lot from me about RiskRejection, the group of fearful, quivering women who joined forces and said, "Eh, not so much. Quivering is overrated. Let's do this risk thing!" And we did. In ways major and minor, we planned, risked (not always in that order), and bravadoed (yes, that is a word. As of now) our way through risk and fear. These women inspired me. I am excited to have a seat in the arena to watch their futures.

Soooo--move here? Would someone PLEASE suggest this?
But as the month ended, I figured, why does a good thing have to end? Why not keep it up? Why not keep finding a risk to take every week ad write about it? 

Problem being--I am not an endless fount of risk-taking ideas. I will run dry. I will start to resort to things like, "quit my job and move to Vancouver Island" because I lack creativity. And because I would really love to move to Vancouver Island.

So, I am enrolling you as my official risk-taking suggestion box. (Though you are not a box. Nor do you resemble one. That would just be . . . odd.) What risks would you suggest I take in coming weeks? What risks do YOU want to take but haven't been able to make yourself engage in? I would really, really love to hear what dreams you have and what your fears are about them. We can encourage one another here.

But right now, offer suggestions, with these caveats:


  • I won't risk my life and limb, nor those of anyone else, even on the days it is tempting. This rules out skydiving and snake handling.
  • I won't do anything outside of my moral boundaries. (I fully believe it is immoral to embarrass myself. I'm sure I can find it in the Bible. Or . . . not.) 
  • I will operate under the exercise of free will. So there will be no accusations of chickening out if I don't use your suggestion. Even if they may or may not be true.
The point is to continue to take risks with a purpose. I would love to invite you on that journey--as a risk suggester or a fellow risk taker. Join in.

No comments: